Monday, November 5, 2007

Natalie's Secret Santa Swap Answers

Would you like something handmade as a gift? only if my partner has time otherwise any sewing related goodies would be wonderful!

Do you have a favourite Christmas Colour? Yes, I love red, green, gold, silver, purple (pretty much all the christmassy colours hey!)

Do you decorate the whole house or just a part of it? Each year we do more - always have a hugely decorated tree, string tinsel around the celiling in the lounge room, dining room and family room. Last year the boys wanted some in their room too. We have also started getting a decent collection of outdoor lights too. This year we are having both mine and Steve's family over for a big traditional lunch, so will probably decorate even more!

Do you have any Christmas Traditions? We always spend christmas eve going on a small drive around the neighboring suburbs to look at all the christmas lights around. Then we come home and sprinkle magic reindeer food on the front lawn to help them find our house easily. Out the back we leave out some water, carrots and apple for the reindeer too and of course some milk and cookies for Santa on the table next to the tree. Of course we also have "the Night Before Christmas" as our bedtime book too. (Then Steve and I end up staying up for the next 4 hours or so wrapping presents and finding presents that I've wrapped and hidden over the last few weeks too!) then try to fit them all under the tree ;)

What sizes are your children? Jai is a size 4 and Jordan is a size 9 (sometimes a 10 in the top if it runs on the small side)

Do you like quick projects or things that take a little longer? I prefer quick projects, but do usually have one longer project on the go (I have half a knitted wrap stashed in my bottom drawer at the moment) When I was pregnant with Jai I loved working on a cute cross stitch for him (that is still awaiting a frame so I can hang it in is room!)

Is there anything that you like to collect? Not really. I did used to have a candle obsession, but then I had so many I stopped buying them - but have finally used those all up so am back to buying them again (currently addicted to lovely scented soy candles!) I'm not a "knick knack" person, I think the boys make enough clutter. I do have quite a growing colletion of very cute buttons I find that I think would look great on the boy's clothing, but then don't get around to using them as they are "too cute" lol!

Hope that helps! Looking forward to this swap, will be great to see what everyone comes up with!
Natalie
xx

No comments: