Monday, June 25, 2007

Marie's op shop questionaire

What other crafts do you enjoy doing?
I love to dye wool, crochet and I am going to take up fabric dyeing when bubba comes (as you can’t dye when you are pregnant).

Is there anything that you collect?
I suppose the closest thing I have to a collection is all things Kwik Sew. I have nearly the whole collection of Kwik Sew books (vintage baby, vintage toddler, newer toddler, appliqué, lingerie) and I adore Kwik Sew patterns.

What do you always look at first when you go into an Opshop?
Patterns, fabric, buttons, other sewing bits and bobs, books. I also have a look over at the clothes – looking for denim skirts, jeans, 100% wool jumpers and things that could be recycled at a good price.

What is your best opshop find?
I picked up two Kwik Sew books for $2 each before I had kids and they have been fantastic. My best ever find was a beautiful butter soft leather skirt in fantastic condition that fit perfectly for $5 – I loved that skirt.

What are the ages of your children?
Jalisa is two and a bit, child no 2 will be a newborn in 12 weeks.

Is there anything that you would really LOVE to find and are yet to come across it?
I would love to find a non plastic tea set (but this will be way to heavy to send anyway).

No comments: